Monday, May 4, 2009

Peeps!

Well, I couldn't resist. I had to get some more peeps! Last year, I got 4, which ended with 2. Honk has had no desire to sit on her eggs and be a mother so I'm helping her out a bit...I got 2 Ameraucanas (blue-green eggs! Easter every day!), a White Brahma and a Buff Cochin. The last two will have fuzzy pants and feet. I think just looking at chickens with pants will make me giggle. They're inside right now under a heat lamp that keeps them a toasty 80-90 degrees. In a month or so, I'll put them outside in a small area away from Woostah and Honk so they can get used to the idea of each other. Then the feathers shall fly!

1 comment:

  1. You might enjoy my post today about my mother who was a dancer:

    http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-moms-dancer-photos.html

    Lee

    ReplyDelete